Thursday, July 4, 2013

Life with Leukemia: There's no place like Huntsman

Remember back in my first post when I thought we would be home last Tuesday?
This morning Dr. E came in to visit us. He was hopeful we would get the TB results back today. He said he was from New York and in NY the labs probably wouldn't work on a holiday. We prayed they would!
Dr. C came in later to let us know the results were in and Tyler was negative for TB! woo woo! Thank goodness!! About an hour later we were wheeling back into Huntsman. I wont lie I got a little teary eyed seeing our nurses and aides standing up to welcome us back. We are back in the exact same room and we quickly ordered food.
After settling in, doing laundry and dropping off a bag of things into our car that we don't need cluttering our room like the hairdryer I cant use, Tyler laid down for a nap. In walked the intern and Dr. Pool... I was not looking forward to seeing him, but just like everything has been with this experience a miracle happened! Not only was he pleasant, he was helpful! He answered a question I asked by literally drawing me a picture, showing me on Tyler what he was talking about and just explaining ii in a way I totally understood. He even thanked us for bringing up new things to help them come up with more ideas.... WHAT!?! haha we were shocked. He is not the same man we left the other day. He must have missed us and decided to be on his best behavior.
Or he found my blog... in either case, we are Pool fans!
We really missed this place and even though we aren't home with our Sawyer, we are much more comfortable and happy.
Our nurse told us about all the awesome spots to sit and see the fireworks tonight, so we have something to look forward to. I never thought I'd spend a 4th in a hospital.
I'm sitting here typing this wrapped in a warmed blanket hoping we get to go home soon. We miss normal life.

No comments: