Tuesday, July 16, 2013

11-12 months

This poor child. It's a good thing he is happy and independent. He's survived beautifully without his parents. He is lucky to have grandparents who love him and have taken great care of him.
In the last couple of months he has started walking and talking. It blows my mind!
He doesn't enjoy walking with shoes on, but will manage. If he goes barefoot he can pretty much get anywhere. He's started climbing too, we are in a whole new world of trouble. I still worry he may be a bit bow legged, but Tyler managed fine as a kiddo, so I know he will too.
He talks! Now that's the cutest thing that ever happened. He says Hi and Bye (they are basically the same word) and will give you a wave with it. He says momma and dad and daddy and dada... can you tell who he loves more? He sorta says thank you, dog, cheese (for the camera).
If you ask him for a kiss, you'll get one! Sometimes it's opened mouthed and those teeth are sharp! Speaking of teeth, He's getting a molar!! It makes for funny faces on his part and he tries to soothe it.
His hair is getting way too long and out of control, I know people are wondering when I will cut it, and eventually I'll get around to it.
He can give high fives, fist bumps, thumbs up, which is really a fist bump but looks like a thumbs up, and hugs.
He is a treat to have around. We have loved being home and spending time with him. He exhausts Tyler pretty quickly, but just this morning Ty let me sleep in while he played with Sawyer. He must be getting some energy back!
Yesterday we had some people come by to visit. I was feeding Sawyer in his highchair, in the kitchen. Tyler opened the front door and Sawyer started yelling, at the top of his lungs mind you, HI!!!! and waving. He stopped eating and insisted we go to the door so he could visit.
We went to Thanksgiving point with my parents last Friday. I was hoping for more excitement out of Sawyer, but he was only a little thrilled to be there. It was hot, and brilliant me decided we would go to the little farm area. He did yell at a cow, that was entertaining.
We took him on the pony rides. He was excited at first, we have a rocking horse at home, so he grabbed the saddle and started rocking back and forth.  That was all fine and dandy till the horse started moving. He practically jumped out of the saddle. We were that mom and baby duo trying our best to stay on the pony without getting stepped on. After a few rounds he warmed up and gave the crowd a couple WEEEEE's. so darling.
I wish I had tons more updates, but really I missed about a month of him growing and the rest is all blurred. I do have some darling pictures that I will upload once I take a friend advice and find an easier way to use blogger!

No comments: