Sunday, July 28, 2013

Fillmore Family Fun

Tonight I'll probably need to write up a couple of blogs in order to get all my thoughts out into cyberspace, because who doesn't want the people of the internet knowing their thoughts?
I love having and being a friend. It is something that gives me joy. I'm social and enjoy interacting and connecting with other people. Sometimes I think it drives my husband nuts because I constantly want to go visit people or be out of house chatting with neighbors and I like have him with me in case the convo stalls, which is rare... So when we moved into this neighborhood it was basically my social life's dream! I am surrounded by fabulous people who I could talk to all day, and night sometimes.
We have made some great friends here. One set of fabulous friends that we have is Lexi and Jordan. If you know us, you know them. I could go on and on about our friendship, but that's not the main purpose of this post, otherwise I would have named it "Our Fabulous Friends Lexi and Jordan", but I didn't so lets talk Fillmore.
Lexi's brother and sis-in-law live in Fillmore, UT. The halfway point from here to St. George. They are some more fabulous people! We have stayed at their house once before on our way to SG. Krista is an amazing cook and Riley tells awesome stories about his super cool job.
It's taking me way to long to get to this story...
Krista throws a family fun weekend in Fillmore for her and Riley's families. And since I'm the kind of friend who adopts themselves into your families, we too were invited. We couldn't go for the whole weekend so we went for the day on Saturday. Thank goodness we did!!! We never really told them we would come. It's always better this way. I know people are way happier to see us when it's a surprise.
Our time there started with an intense Fear Factor game. By the end Tyler was covered in chocolate pudding, I had learned how to tie a tie... barely, I learned that I'm no good at running out from under tables I have bruises and scrapes, and probably some video footage to prove it, and everyone was a winner. Seriously, so fun!
Next we went swimming at their local swimming pool. Sawyer LOVES pools now! Can I get an AMEN!? He enjoyed every second of swimming while his pop enjoyed a nap on the lawn.
We headed over to the skate park, only to get drenched on by some sort of torrential rain fall. Don't worry, I (Jordan) only left one window open in the Lexus when I had parked it.
A delicious dutch oven dinner was prepared for us and as we waited for it to cook I spent time with Lexi's parents and a sibling in their trailer. There's nothing I love more then watching that family interact.
After dinner we dressed in our best disco outfits and went roller skating, which I am terrible at and shouldn't even attempt. Tyler enjoyed from the sidelines and was slowing running out of steam, but in true Corinne fashion I convinced him to hold out a bit longer. Or at least until our kiddo lost it, because at that point I'm always finished.
We headed home that evening wiped out from the funnest day in Fillmore we have ever had.
HUGE thanks to Krista and Riley for inviting us down. We will be back soon!

1 comment:

Nisha said...

WHAT?! Sawyer loves swimming now?! I gotta see that in person!