Thursday, July 5, 2012

These are a few of his favorite things....

 Sleeping
 more sleeping
 as of today, bath time
 Parades
Sleeping in the boppy


We've got this kid sleeping a ton and it's fabulous! He has moved out of the bassinet and into his crib as of 2 nights ago. I miss him, but we have slept tons better so it's a win. He also loves eating, I tried to load a pic of Tyler feeding him a bottle, but it didn't work :( He has had a few serious spit ups after eating recently, we both get soaked, but he seems oddly content after so he must not mind as much as I do. I saw a friends FB pic of her bathing her little girl and noticed she had an amazing tub with a newborn sling, we went right out and bought one! Today, after we both were covered in everything he ate, we decided to give the new tub a whirl. He loves it. The sling looks like a hammock and seems to be awfully comfortable. I felt bad taking him out. I didn't have the camera with me, but I will next bath time. I was even able to bathe him by myself!
I have been spending alot of time on pinterest these last few days, I love it! I made an awesome baby shower gift, I can't show it till after the shower though. Maybe I'll just do a post showing what I have made so far.
Back to Sawyer... His hair is receding, or more acurately, his head is growing! I love his head of hair so heres to hoping he keeps some!
His little body is also growing, he has outgrown alot of his newborn clothes and is moving up into 0-3. Sleepers are tough to wear because he is too long for NB but not long enough for 0-3 so they are super baggy. As I sorted through his clothes I realized we only had white onsies in NB, how did that happen?
He is loving being swaddled still. We have a blanket our neighbors made us and we are trying to make it his favorite, I'm sure that will backfire, but we can hope.
On the 3rd we went to the Riverton parade with friends. I was nervous I would have an upset kid on my hands, but he did great! I had to change his diaper a couple of times in a camping chair.. thats tricky business. None of the loud sounds seem to really bother him. The most we got was a surprised jerk but that was it. He was more upset that we kept trying to cover his ears. Later that night we went back to their house and did fireworks, Sawyer, after throwing up on me and forcing me to change outfits, went to sleep. He paid no attention to those fireworks exploding.
We (Sawyer and I) were hoping to spend some time at Cassies house this week while Ty works, but she has left us for Canada, Sawyer is pretty bummed.
My family just left town on monday after being here a week. This little guy was so spoiled, someone was always holding him and loving him. we will miss them, but get to see them again in Sept.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Cassie is pretty bummed to miss out on Sawyer time! Love all the pics! What a cutie!