Saturday, July 14, 2012

2nd Sunday Success!

Tyler left town for the weekend to go to a work meeting in Las Vegas, originally we had talked about Sawyer and I going with him, but in the end we decided not to expose our sweet precoius baby to such smut so early on in life... and it wouldn't be fun for me either :) So Sawyer and I stayed home and I learned how it felt to be a single mom for the weekend. Not something I would enjoy full time. I was especially nervous about church on my own, but I dont know why, this kid sleeps through church like an old man. We both got up early and somehow managed to get ready and get to church on time! Well, in time for the first hymn, which I consider on time. He ate during Sunday school and everyone got a good laugh out of his noisy bodily functions, but went back to sleep after and sleep beautifully in my YW presidents arms while I taught my lesson.  I also had help from family and friends throughout the weekend so I got to shower and eat plenty.
When tyler came home we went to the airport to pick him up. I decided to actually park and go in and wait. We were sooo excited to have our daddy back. Tyler feels like Sawyer grew up a ton in those 4 days.

Sawyer has been all about lifting his head. We decided to let him chill on the boppy tummy down. He loved it! Eventually though that big head wore him out.
 Our new bath tub!!! He is so content. I can't wait to take him swimming, I think he will love it.
 These car seat pictures are just to show you how much he has grown! The first is from the day we left the hospital, the second from last weekend. I recently took our the newborn inserts. He would get sooo hot and sweaty and was looking way uncomfortable, now... he still cries in the car seat but has much more room and comes out less sweaty.

Being home has been really fun. Now that Sawyer is on a schedule I can do tons with my day. I have been exploring pinterest and have made a few things off of there. My sister is having twins in a month or two and they will be gettings lots of cute homemade items from me :)
I keep being reminded it wont be this fun and easy when I have the next one.... well thank you for the info, I will continue to enjoy this time then! I will be honest and say that is probably my least favorite part about being a mommy. Now I haven't gotten tons of unsolicited advice, but when I do, even though its usually no big deal, I feel awkward! How do you tell someone you already have a way of doing something that works for you? People have so many differing opinions of raising babies! I have been lucky though, like I said, I don't get much grief from people. I figure as long as my baby is healthy and happy I'm doing something right :)

3 comments:

Nisha said...

Sophie says "awwwww....cute little Sawyer."

Unsolicited advice....I think that you will come to love comparing notes, talking about your kids poops, and other random disgusting things you wouldn't think you'd like. Also, when any mom finds success, it's like the greatest accomplishment in life, so naturally, she wants to tell everyone what works for her. I'm sure they all think they are being helpful. They just need to read your blog so they know you totally have it figured it out and are an awesome mom!!

Cassie said...

I cant believe how much he has grown! Such a cute little man! Way to go on doing it all by yourself for a few days! You are an amazing woman and mom!

Katie B said...

Hey Corinne, do you remember me? Sean's wife from Tyler's mission? I saw your note on Anna's facebook and then your blog link- I just wanted to say what a cutie Sawyer is! I hope you're able to get in the swing of things and get enough sleep. Nice to see how your lovely family is doing!