Monday, June 25, 2012

One Month

Sawyer is one month old!  And obviously the happiest baby ever!
Right now we have him finally convinced it is ok to sleep in his bassinet. It's a wonderful thing! I can't believe it's really been a month. We were trying to decide if he is one month today the 25th of June (since he was born May 25th) or last Friday since technically that was exactly 4 weeks from the day he was born. What do you think?
This month has been a blur and I should have kept better record of it all! Here are some things I'm sure you're dying to know about Sawyer...
He isn't a fan of the baths, I imagine it's because he has zero control of his body so it seems like we are manhandling him each bath.
He also doesn't like wipes, but would you like something cold and wet on your bum?
He LOVES laying on his tummy. I'm constantly having an internal moral debate about whether or not to let him nap on him tummy. He just loves it.
He enjoy sucking on his green hospital binky.
He's still small, but growing fast!
He eats like a champ
He poops like a champ, and has had a couple of blow outs this last week.
We have been able to let him live it up a bit by taking of the gloves that were basically part of him for the first few weeks, he has really enjoyed grabbing things... and scratching me :)
The car seat was an ok place, now it's like placing him in a sauna, every time I take him out he is a sweaty mess.
He has discovered his lungs and isn't afraid to use them.
He's overall a great kid and we are loving him! It's amazing how his cute face makes up for him waking me up at all hours of the night.
I'm still recovering, but it's going well. My mom is here this week to spoil us. She's grocery shopping as I type. I have also gotten a ton of help from neighbors, family and friends. I spend at least one day a week at Cassies house. We really appreciate all the help we have received! 
On Friday we went to dinner with friends, it was our first attempt at a date night with Sawyer, he did ok... I held him most of the time. I am getting real good and one handed things.
We are blessing him this Sunday. I'm excited for Tyler to get to do this for his son! We got him the most darling impractical blessing outfit today. I'm also excited for that!
We are crossing our fingers that, as we try to put this kiddo on a schedule, it will stick and we can eventually sleep at night! Wish us luck!!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Do you want my wipey warmer? We don't use it anymore.
Technically you go by the date for their age..at least that it how the drs do it. Also a cute thing that I have seen is when you take pictures of them at an age milestone, put a sign next to them (and eventually they can hold it) saying I am one month old, etc... That way when you are organizing their pictures, you know exactly how old they are! Just some thoughts! Cute post!