Monday, September 22, 2008

Birthday Weekend!

Friday was my birthday. I turned the big 2 1. Unfortunately I was in San Antonio Texas. My co-worker did a great job in making it a special day. Saturday I came home and played with Sophie until Tyler got home from golfing. We spent the rest of the evening with Sophie, Julie, Jonah, Eli, and the rest of the fam at a carnival the stake put on. It was a lot of fun! Eli loved the train. I think I rode it 6 times. Tyler got to play some football, which he loved as well. Getting out of the house is one of my favorite things! Fall in Utah offers a lot of opportunities to be out and about.
On Sunday Tyler and I decided it was time to attend our new ward. Sacrament meeting was much louder then I ever remember a family ward being. We met some of our new neighbors, well we met a lot of them considering the majority of our block are members. I am excited! Everyone was very friendly, which made us feel very welcome.
That evening Julie (Tyler's mom) threw me a birthday bash! We had yummy Alfredo pasta with an assortment of dishes then finished it all off with a chocolate fountain. There really isn't anything better then fruit covered in chocolate. I got some great gifts from the family. It was a wonderful birthday!
Now the week begins... We have a girls night on Tuesday for me to look forward to. Tyler will be spending all week practicing Hmong. He is graciously translating General Conference. We should be in our house by next Saturday!! HOPEFULLY. I'm forecasting a busy, but great week!

1 comment:

Nisha said...

YAY for you to move by me. I'm so excited. And totally looking forward to girls night!!! WAHOO!!!!