Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Life with Leukemia: Count my many blessings

I wanted to write a very elegant post about all of the many blessings that we have experienced these last 2 months, but it was an overwhelming thought so instead, here is a very unorganized not elegant list. Also, just mentally add the word awesome to the front of most because in some spots it wont make sense of these items, that way I don’t seem redundant using it over and over.

  • Huntsman
  • Nurses
  • Doctors
  • Modern medicine
  • Hospital visitors
  • Yummy treats
  • Hospital pizza
  • Family
  • Friends
  • All the service we received
  • Priesthood blessings
  • A clean home
  • A safe place for Sawyer
  • Humor
  • Insurance
  • Art
  • Games
  • Music
  • Babysitters
  • Healthy days
  • Healed stomachs
  • Sleep
  • Renewed energy
  • Generous co-workers
  • Meals
  • The Spirit
  • Peace and comfort
  • Dr. D
  • Quick recovery
  • Social media
  • More friends and neighbors

I could go on but my brain is a little on the fried side these days and I feel like that was all it could out put at this time. In the end we want everyone to know how great this experience has been. The blessings have completely out weighed the trials and to be honest we are having a hard time finding the… well.. the hard times. These days we feel so loved and happy we can only be grateful.

HEALTH UPDATE: Tyler promised Dr. D that he would be his number one patient and it seems as if he’s holding up his end of the deal. At his appointment on Monday his numbers all looked great. His WBC is at 7… yes you read that right, 7. For those of you with better brains then mine you will remember that when we went into the hospital his WBC was 99. If you're wondering if this drug is working, the answer is YES. Their only concern was some low platelets, but it’s nothing too worrisome and we will just check it again in 2 weeks. The rest of his numbers… normal and perfect. like his wife.

SIDE NOTE: I really do think there is a red flag on my name at the pharmacy. Once again I go to get a prescription (this time for Sawyer) and once again I decline speaking to the pharmacist and ONCE AGAIN he comes to talk to me anyways… sir, I know how to give my child one teaspoon of this pink stuff twice a day. I promise to refrigerate it. Maybe I need to look less drug dealer-ish when I go to Wal-Mart

2 comments:

Hilary Simon said...

Maybe the pharmacist thinks you're pretty and wants to talk to you...:). I think its super awesome that Tyler's stomach is all better! After everything he's been through trying to figure it out. Yeah!!

Corinne & Tyler Craig said...

there was nothing pretty about the tantrum my kid was throwing this last time lol. he was probably making sure i wasnt going to hurt sawyer.