Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Life with Leukemia: Angels All Around Us

We had family home evening on Monday night with a few neighbors. I was horribly unprepared, which was embarrassing because we invited some new neighbors to join and I know they couldn’t have been very impressed. Instead of planning my lesson that night I was preparing for the next few years of motherhood as I watched my sweet angel baby throw many many tantrums. You would all be impressed at his perfection in tantrum throwing. I guess the saying practice makes perfect can really apply to anything.
Since I was so unprepared I turned to the scriptures and looked for a marked one. I figure if I marked it, there has to be something I can learn from it which really what scripture can’t you learn from? I ended up using Mosiah 2:41.
And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.
This verse got us talking about blessings and of course I rambled on about our hospital stay, I’m like a return missionary just off the plane, it’s as if nothing else has EVER happened to me Talking about the hospital made us think of Doctor J, which got me thinking of Channing Tatum… you only know why if you met him. Dr. J was an angel sent to us. One we did not see coming, but who was there for us the moment we would need him. We are thankful for him.
Speaking of rambling… lets see if I can actually get my thoughts together enough to write this blog post
Dr. J… Angels…Thankful.. Watch this video:
Elder Holland… you know you want to hear what he says.
side note: there was a link on the LDS.org website for this video so I could share it through IM… Do people still IM?
Gratitude. We recently found ourselves feeling a bit lacking in ways to show our gratitude for people like Dr. J and other angels around us. After some talking and Tyler listening we decided the best way we can show it is through action. I love that at the end of this clip Elder Holland encourages us to be angels as we pray for ones of our own. If I’m praying for angels I know others are too and who am I to think the Lord wouldn’t use me to answer another's prayer? You don’t have to be LDS to understand what is he talking about, or to follow his counsel.
I know this post got spiritual fast, don't tell my bishop but I’m hoping a couple of these will count as a sacrament talk you can tell him that part and I can avoid being asked leave that part out Smile And if I do get asked, I’ll probably just read a few blogs posts.

No comments: