Friday, August 9, 2013

Bucket List


Tyler was telling me a story yesterday about a man who found out he had a terminal illness. He quickly cashed in all his investments and bought a boat… or something like that… and traveled the world. He lived his life to the fullest. Only to find out a couple years later that he had beat the illness and would continue to live. I think he was in his 50’s. Now he’s in a big battle with the IRS because along with liquidating all his money, he decided not to pay taxes on any of it…. whoops.
His story got us talking about bucket lists and what we would do if we knew we only had a year or so to live. Ty is way simpler then I am. He says he’d quit work and just hang out at home. He also said he’d pray and read his scriptures a lot… always so righteous. I on the other hand think I would want to do big things. Problem is I don’t know what any of those big things are.
We realized that neither of us really have a bucket list. Not that either of us plan on kicking the bucket any time soon, but it would be fun to have SOMETHING on our list. I haven’t told Tyler yet, but I am planning a family meeting where we will come up with some ideas for our lists.
I plan on living a long life and dying of old age in my sleep. This list will be more of a fun things to do while I’m young and raising kids. I guess it can span into retirement too, I would hate to get bored in my old age. I love making to do lists, I know some people throw those out as they create new lives for themselves, but I LOVE crossing things off my list. I am excited to make this new big list for me and my fam. Help us make our bucket list! What are some things on yours?
A quick update on Tyler, since that’s why everyone is reading this. He’s doing and feeling great this week. Sleeping really well. He is now in charge of Sawyer in the mornings while I workout and clean. It’s a bigger responsibility then working haha. I picked up a refill of the anitbac prescription that the ID team has him taking. The girl at the Walmart pharmacy asked if I had any questions for the pharmacist which is standard I said no, but she went and got him anyway maybe she didn’t hear me? Walmart is pretty loud. He, seeming very concerned, asked:
“Has Robert that’s his real name taken these pills before’
“Yep”
“This dose?” he takes 6 a day
“Yep”
“I’ve never filled a prescription for this amount…”
“Ya… guess they are just hitting him hard with the meds”
“I see, What does he have?”
“…umm…. they don’t know…well, Leukemia but.. obviously that’s not what these are for…you see he had a fever for 2 weeks and the day he took this pill it went away, so he’s still taking them…”
“oh…”
I am officially red flagged as a drug dealer at the Walmart by my home.
We are still just getting explanations of benefits from our insurance, we’ve only seen one bill so far, but as I was reading through all the EOB’s I noticed that not only do they charge per procedure, and day, but they charge for each and every doctor that visits you. And here I was just thinking they enjoyed checking in on us all the time!
Sawyer is STILL teething, I’ve looked in his mouth and it seems like it will be teething torture time for the next month at least. We are working on diversions to distract him from throwing tantrums. He wont eat or drink when upset, I tried teething tablets, I ended up wearing them. He really likes taking Tylenol should I be worried? Sometimes we just have to let him lay on the floor and roll around screaming, one of us has to keep our sanity, and since Sawyer is being unreasonable, it’s going to be me. Next step is given him a frozen teething ring.
More on Sawyer. He just keeps getting smarter. He’s figured out that even though I hide candy under a blanket, it is still there. He knows that his high chair tray is two parts and enjoys taking off the top part to throw on the floor it is especially fun if there’s pasta with red sauce on it. He knows exactly which cabinets are not baby proof and which ones have the dog treats in them. He knows that a tissue coming towards him only means one thing. He can cross the street in no time flat. If he puts his arms up at you and smiles he knows you’ll pick him up, doesn’t matter who you are. He’s pretty sure every square object with buttons is a cell phone, and the only person he could possibly call is daddy. All toys in the loft need to be thrown down stairs. Coins belong in his mouth and my drivers license under the couch, not in my wallet. Books should be pulled off the shelf, covers ripped and pages bent. And lastly, he knows, even if he’s napping, the sound of the front door opening means its time to wake up! When did my baby get so smart?

3 comments:

Whitney and Ashton Parry said...

Love the updates. I'm sure you get plenty teething suggestions but frozen banannas and frozen pancakes work for Cozy. They are kind of messy but serve as a snack and cold teething device.

Corinne & Tyler Craig said...

Love the ideas!!! thank you!!

Unknown said...

Haha I loved your Sawyer update that cracked me up. It sounds like another little boy I spend most of my days with. What a fun age they are at! :) Your Walmart story cracked me up too. I love reading your blog!