Saturday, November 10, 2012

5 Months Old

This kid just gets cuter!! How has 5 months even gone by already?? Sawyer has become so curious about everything. He has to touch and hold and pull and eat anything he can. It's cute... unless its a wad of my hair, then it's not. He's more tons more active. He's figured out that his mattress is bouncy and will lay on his back and kick hard enough that he bounces around the crib. He's never in the spot we put him in. As a matter of fact he's usually on the opposite end cuddle up against the side. Thankfully he is still sleeping through the night. 
He loves chewing on his hands and feet and my hands but not my feet.
We started solid foods (I will do a separate posts with pics of that) and it's so fun. It's more of a game for us to see how much he will eat and how much he'll spit out. His favorite food is rice cereal with mangos, which is crazy because Tyler loves sticky rice mango from the Thai restaurant. That combo is the one food I can count on him eating without much spill over. 
He takes bathes now more for fun then cleaning. If he is super cranky I put him in a warm bath and let him play away till it's nap time. He thinks it's great.
He talks almost as much as I do. His voice is a little raspy and so stinkin' cute! I put an awesome video on FB of him chatting it up. Grunting has also become a frequent noise. Not my most favorite though. 
He is sooooo ticklish, I mean even his back is ticklish. It's easy to make him smile and laugh, and there is nothing cuter then a smiling baby.
He's already addicted to electronics. Anthing with a bright screen or light or sound is more important then eating or talking to mom. If my phone is out he wants it, if the TV is on he watches. Tyler plays video games during the day sometimes and Sawyer can just sit and watch. 








We love being parents and we love this darling baby we have been blessed with. We are so grateful for all of our friends and family who are helping us raise this baby. I'm not joking when I say that I don't see Sawyer much at church on Sundays. Someone else usually has him. I think he secretly loves those three hours because of it too. I'm so glad my calling is in YW's because all those girls are so sweet to him. Seriously, he gets lots of love.
We are working on him sitting up on his own. It's a work in progress, but I'm ok with him growing up slowly. It amazes me how much and how fast babies learn and grow.
6 months old here we come!

1 comment:

Steve and Jen said...

I love all of these pics! and I love Sawyer! He is one of my favorite little boys! Thanks for sharing him!