Thursday, September 6, 2012

3 Months

Our baby boy is (now over) 3 months! He is growing fast. We didn't realize how fast until we put him up next to our friends new baby Cooper! All of the sudden we realized Sawyer isn't a newborn anymore. How does that happen so fast?
He is still an amazing baby. I'm sure my bragging just annoys people, but... oh well :)
He sleeps through the night usually from about 8:00 or 9:00 till 6:00 in the morning. Last night we were watching Lost at the neighbors house. Tyler had Sawyer on his lap facing the TV. He was super content chewing on his blanket and watching. We were watching him and talking about how cute it was when he just closed his eyes and went to sleep. 
Nap times can be a bit more complicated, but bedtime is the easiest. I can lay him down and walk out to no crying. It's a gift from heaven!
He's eating tons! Unless it's formula in which case I have learned not to feed him more then 5oz because the rest will just come back up full force... onto my neighbors couch... Sorry Lexi...
Cassie and Derek watched him while Tyler and I went to Park City for our anniversary. I hope he was just as good for them. Cassie put the cutest video on my Facebook of him laughing. I can't figure out how she got him to laugh, but when we went over there yesterday she did it again! We can get big smiles, and maybe a chuckle, but she gets the big laughs. He will coo and grunt tons when you talk to him.
We finally got a real rollover last Sunday at Nanas house. It took alot of encouraging. The first time he did it Tyler wasn't ready with his camera so we flipped him back over and went for a second. I'm afraid I shouldn't post the video because he was pretty upset with us so it's not a happy roll over.
He has figured out how to use his hands and we love watching him fold them or play with his blanket. His newest self soothing technique is to suck his thumb and rub his head, which just happens to be the cutest thing ever.
We are slowing creeping into just size 3 month clothes, some 0-3 is too small. And he is still wearing size 2 which he manages to explode out of. I changed brands, again, this last time I bought diapers in hopes that it will help our poo problem.  
On Monday we went to the splash pad and celebrated Landon, Eli, and Daniels birthdays. It was fun. Sawyer wasn't so sure about the water, but he let me put his feet in it.
So, speaking of Park City. We went there for a night to celebrate our four year anniversary. It was nice to get away, but of course we missed our little guy. We ate dinner at Bandits on main street and did plenty of shopping. Why is it I can't shop for myself anymore? We ended up just getting some clothes for family pictures and a few outfits for the baby. We watched a replay of the BYU game that we had missed that Thursday. So excited for BYU football to be back on! I'm definitely just a bandwagon jumper, but I enjoy each game and look forward to them. We heard the Emily and Jef from the bachelorette were in PC, but we didn't see them, and not from a lack of trying either! 
We went big this year with our gift giving. Tyler got me the most perfect wedding band. I love it! I decorated his office with a new couch and some other things to make it more comfortable for him... well and for me :) All in all we were both thrilled with the others gift.
Tyler got a new cell phone last month and discovered Instagram. If your not following him already you should! He Instagrams frequently.
 At daddys Softball game
 The head rub
 Tummy time
 3 months, he's getting so chubby!
 Family pic
 More head rubbing
 The new bling
 Cutest thing ever!!!!
Hanging out at Cassies house
 
Next week we are off to California to see Uncle Cory (I call him that now since I have a kid) graduate from boot camp in San Diego. We will also visit my family and be in town for Heathers twins baby blessings (are those s's all in the right places?). It will be Sawyers first plane ride and we are hoping for a calm and successful trip. Any flying tips? We are excited to see all our family and enjoy some beach time! Wish us luck.
 My dad got him this onsie
 You know how every teenager has a Facebook picture in the bathroom mirror? It's not as easy as I thought it would be


No comments: