Monday, August 13, 2012

Puppy Love

I'm sure you are all wondering about our dogs since nowadays all we talk about is the baby. Well we still have them both. I will admit they are probably angry because I pay more attention to Sawyer but I do make an effort to go out and play with them each day. We recently got a fence with the hopes that we could let them roam. Unfortunately our dogs are too smart for that. Oliver is a digger and would be gone in minutes and Toby is a climber and quickly figured out how to scale the wall and visit the neighbors. So when outside Toby needs supervision and Oliver needs a long rope. This morning I let Oli out and was doing some dishes when I heard an unusual clanking of his chain.... I looked outside and what did I see? Summer our neighbors yellow lab frolicking around with Oliver. Soooo cute! I picked her up and put her back in her yard. She promptly ran to the hole under the fence (created by our uneven rockwall) and slipped through. This time I noticed something I hadn't seen before... Oliver REALLY likes Summer. Which is all good and dandy except Oliver isn't fixed and I dont think Summer is yet either!! ahhhhh! I pulled his off and fixed the hole then put her back. We can't have puppys. Although I did look up online what that mix would look like... it's not so bad!

Anyways so I put Oli in his kennel and Summer in her yard and as I sit here and type Summer is crying/howling. Those darn dogs.
Those dogs don't really care or notice Sawyer, which is nice. There have been no attacks or even attempts, so we may just keep them ;)

No comments: