Monday, April 6, 2009

Reading the Book of Mormon

Last night we celebrated Easter with Tylers family. We had a wonderful ham dinner with all the fixings! It was very yummy. While we were there Tylers brother in law, Rusty, told us about how he and Hilary read the Book of Mormon every year starting on April 7th and finish it by July 1st! That is the time that it took for the Book of Mormon to be translated.
Tyler and I decided to take the challenge. It is going to be about 6 pages a day this month, 7 pages a day next month, and 6 pages a day the month after that (my numbers could be wrong).
We think it will be amazing and as Rusty said, "If they could translate it in that amount of time, I sure can read it".
Nisha forwarded on the e-mail about the challenge. It comes complete with a website where you can enter in your start and finish dates and you will receive daily e-mails telling you how much to read and I think maybe something about what you read (we start tomorrow so I haven't seen one yet). It will also take your dates and calculate how much you will need to read daily in order to meet you goal, so if you need a little longer (or maybe even less time) you can just adjust it to those dates!
The website is www.ReadTheScriptures.com just go there and sign up. I think it is fabulous that someone has created this site!!
We start tomorrow night! Wish us luck. I hope some of you take the challenge as well.

2 comments:

Nisha said...

You know, it really doesn't take that much time to read 6-7 pages. I think the real challenge is making sure you do it EVERY day! I went ahead and did today's and tomorrow's to get a head start and I'm hoping to read extra on the cruise just to be on the safe side! It'll be fun knowing lots of our family is doing it.

Cassie said...

Good for you! Let me know if you make it!!